Sunday, December 13, 2009

About My Term Research Paper

My research paper focuses on the Deceptions of Social Networks mainly directed to Facebook, Myspace, Match.com and Twitter. I analyze a bit in depth about many deceitful things about these sites regardless of the positive affect on society their are many negative ones also. I used my current knowledge of all four social networks, along with google scholar for articles and previous evidence of my observance with personal experience by friends, coworkers and myself. Some things i learn while doing my research is the widespread use of these by companies to monitor their employees whereabouts, behavior and personal life and the deception of he privacy conditions by the sites. I also learn how profiles can easily be manipulated. I feel as though my paper contributes quite alot of information about New Media since in this day of time, almost everyone 18 and older have 1 profile or more on these social network sites, and they should be aware of the negative aspects of them and how they can easily be deceived without catching on. Two of my most major findings were many social network sites gather the basic information you provide to create a profile and sell them to data companies that use that information for many reasons. Another major finding was government agencies tend to use these sites as a monitoring device, since applications on mobile phone can serve as a form GPS this allows them to know your whereabouts and everyday actions. Overall, the research paper allowed me to better guard and protect myself from what I exposed on these sites since there isn't really any form of confidentiality or privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment